Monday, February 7, 2011

Warm Boxers n' Jeans

 I commented on FaceBook that warm boxers and jeans (straight from the Maytag) made my day.  More of a statement of jest, I think to the larger and more profound meaning- what defines the "little things" that make or break a person's day.  My best guess is personality type rules much of the judgement calls made by individuals.  I'm a worrier.  Consequently I can let the little things get to me, yet I have "this too shall pass" tattooed on my wrist.  It a good reminder and lately I've been doing that, just letting the bad things pass.  Sadly, I have not embraced the good things as much as I should because those things too will pass in time.  Music helps, working out, long boarding... but they all seem to be distractions covering up something that is profoundly unsettling.  Something that exists deep down inside that is bugging the ever living hell out of me- I just cannot figure it out.  Perhaps that harsh view is true but also consider life maybe be as topical and shallow as it seems and all of our crises, drama and general bullshit doesn't mean jack in the larger scheme of things.  So the only rational outcome I can provide is one of taking ease and comfort in doing the right thing, go with your gut and hang onto things and people- just don't hang on for too long or too hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment